In order to prepare for successful psychic reading, it’s very important that you write out a list of questions to ask a psychic before the session starts. What areas of your life could be improved? Where are you struggling? What stresses keep you up at night? If you’re in a relationship, what information would you like to learn about it?
If you’re new to psychic readings, it can be tempting to begin a dialogue without any preparation and “see where it goes.” This approach can be successful, but you could also end up shortchanging yourself by not getting the best answers to the problems and circumstances you’re facing in your daily routine.
In this article, you’ll find a list of example questions you can ask a psychic about love, life, career, and family. In addition, you’ll also learn how to phrase questions the right way so you can get the best psychic reading.
List of Example Questions You Can Ask a Psychic
First and foremost, this is your reading, and you can ask about anything you’re curious about and need guidance on.
To get the most out of your experience, however, we recommend having a list of questions to ask a psychic.
Here are some good examples for inspiration:
Questions about one’s love life are often what draw people to psychic websites in the first place. You might be wondering about your current relationship or whether you’ll find love with a new partner.
- What advice do you have for spicing up my relationship?
- How can I improve communication with my partner?
- Why is my relationship stale/tense/full of conflict?
- What should I do to attract the partner I want?
- Where should I be looking for a relationship?
- Will I ever get married?
If you need some more information, I put together a guide with 9 questions to ask a psychic about love and relationships.
Remember the golden rule about open-ended questions and don’t simply inquire if you should quit your job or if you’re due for a promotion.
Instead, ask questions like these:
- How can I ask my boss for a raise?
- What type of career path am I best suited for?
- I do not enjoy my job situation. What can I do to improve my work life?
- What steps should I be taking to attain my career goals?
- How can I improve my relationship with my boss/coworkers?
- What can I do to attract more money?
You might not get an answer to the overall meaning of life, but you can get insight into what’s happening to you personally.
Try asking the following during your psychic reading:
- What is my life’s purpose?
- What can you tell me about past lives?
- Are my spirit guides trying to communicate with me?
- Which friendships are beneficial, and which ones are toxic?
- What can I do to achieve success at work in record time?
- I feel like something is blocking me from realizing my goals. What changes should I make to get unstuck?
- Is there anything that the universe wants me to know?
- Is there any messages from loved ones that are deceased?
All families have their own set of unique (yet endearing) dysfunctions. And, since you don’t get to choose your family, learning how to live with the one you’ve got and optimizing those relationships is vital to living a life that is peaceful and harmonic.
To enhance this aspect of your life, consider asking your reader questions like these:
- What conflicts or struggles are my children facing right now? What do they want that I may not be giving them?
- How can I tell when a divorce is the best choice?
- What can I do to make my family unit closer?
- Which of my family members need my help right now. What can I do to help them?
- How do my in-laws see me? How do they view our relationship?
How to Phrase Questions the Right Way
Before we discuss what and how to ask psychic questions, it’s worth discussing how you should phrase the question. The way that you structure your question can greatly influence the quality of your reading.
Here are some basic guidelines to follow when you brainstorm about questions to ask psychic advisors:
Ask open-ended questions that require a specific or detailed answer.
Avoid questions that have a simple “yes” or “no” answer.
For example, don’t ask, “Will I find love this year?” Instead, you could rephrase your question to say, “When will I meet the love of my life? How will I know that it’s the right time?”
Phrase your question with care, but don’t get too specific. While it’s acceptable to wonder when or how you’ll meet the love of your life, it might be unrealistic to expect an answer that names a specific date or place.
Instead, your psychic might give you placeholders or milestones to help answer your question. For example, the psychic may tell you that you’ll find the perfect relationship later in life than you had hoped, but it will be worth the wait.
Avoid asking questions designed to reaffirm an existing belief.
For example, if you are unhappy in your career, you might be tempted to ask, “Should I leave my job?” Not only does this break the rule of yes/no questions, but it’s also framing your question with a bias that is hard to overcome.
Remember, you must enter a psychic reading with an open mind and be ready to hear the information that the psychic will share. When you ask the psychic a question that seeks reassurance or expresses doubt can adversely affect your mindset and make you less open to different alternatives.
If you don’t like the answer, resist the temptation to simply rephrase it. Not only will you end up getting the same answer, but you’ll also waste valuable time during your reading and risk offending or alienating your advisor.
Out of these psychic questions, there’s likely to be at least a handful that you might want to explore further with a psychic reading.
But, even if none of these strikes you as compelling at this time, you could ask a psychic to give you a general reading. Even though you won’t be able to drive the direction of the conversation, a general psychic reading can be beneficial because it allows the psychic to act more on his or her intuition about what’s most relevant in your life, providing you with information that you can use at any time.
Regardless of what’s happening to you at this moment or what area you’d like to improve, the key to successful psychic reading is, to be honest, and transparent about your feelings and situation. When you are open to hearing what a psychic has to say, you can truly begin to find knowledge and enlightenment.